When it comes to the kitchen i am definitely not the best cook. But that does not stop me from making simple delicious breakfast and brunch ! I will not be the person to make the best steak, but i will make sure that table has the best appetizers and desert !
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbl spoons of chia seeds
- 2 tbl spoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 tbl spoon of vanilla
- 1 tbl spoon of baking powder
- 1/2 tbl spoon of cinnamon
- Take a bowl and add couple table spoons of water, add chia seeds and let it soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Blend flour,almond milk, egg, vanilla, baking powder and cinnamon in one bowl. I prefer to use a blender. However, if you are going to use that make sure you do not blend it for too long, it will cause pancakes to be hard and not fluffy.
- Once the mixture is complete, remove chia seeds from the water. It is ok if a little bit of water gets into the mixture.
- Now that your mix is all complete, heat a pan over medium heat.
- Cook until both sides are browned.
This makes 7-10 small pancakes, or 3 thin large ones.
I also added strawberry jam and fruit for an extra flavor when serving.
-xo, Sky Naite