They say " a way to a man's heart is through the stomach". So why not surprise your loved one with homemade heart shaped pancakes for Valentine's day !
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 large spoon of butter
- Syrup / Honey
- Mix 1 cup of flour, 2 eggs, butter and a cup of almond milk in one bowl
- Stir gently, leaving some clumps of dry ingredients. If you blend it too much, pancakes will be tough oppose fluffy.
- Heat the frying pan to a medium/low flame
- Place heart shapers into the pan
- Fill the food shapers with a mix
- Pour the mix into the pan to make one large pancake, repeat until the bowl is empty
- When pancake is done put it on the flat surface, do not use the plate. Cuting board works the best.
- Use the heart shaped cuter on the large pancake, try to not waste space, that way you can have more pancakes
- When completed, top it with blueberries, pistachios and syrup
You can either buy a ready to go pancake mix or do it yourself.
Bed, Bath & Beyond sells a box of 30 different shapes for cookie cutting for only $14.99 . I would say it is definitely worth getting that.
-xo Sky Naite